Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I need help in determining the climax of The Chrysalids.

Unfortunately you asked two questions - I am only allowed
to respond to one. I have chosen to focus on the climax of this amazing novel. Let us
remember that the climax is defined as the high point of the plot, the story's most
exciting or suspenseful moment, when something happens that decides that outcome of the
conflict.


Certainly then, for me, this occurs as the Waknuk
force and the Fringes people clash and at at the same time the Sealanders arrive to
rescue Petra. This is the big conflict that the novel has been pointing towards and it
is the most exciting, as we are concerned for David, Rosalind and Petra and we are
worried if the Sealanders will arrive in time and how they will save the main
characters.


The falling action then would take place after
the Sealanders have arrived and dispatched of the fighters with their cobweb weapon.
Releasing the main characters and their final arrival in Sealand form this section of
the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...