Sunday, December 29, 2013

Give me an example of function decomposition question.

For instance, we'll take the function h(x)=sqrt(x^2 + 1)
and we'll have to decompose it into simpler functions:


h(x)
= f(g(x))


We can take g(x) = x^2 + 1 and f(x) = sqrt
x


Now, we'll compose f(x) and g(x) and we'll
get:


h(x) =
(f*g)(x)


(f*g)(x) =
f(g(x))


f(g(x)) = sqrt
g(x)


We'll substitute g(x) = x^2 +
1


h(x) = f(g(x)) = sqrt (x^2 +
1)


We also can take as f(x) = sqrt  (x+1)
and g(x) = x^2.


(f*g)(x) =
f(g(x))


We'll substitute  the variable x, from the
expression of f(x), by the expression of g(x).


f(g(x)) =
sqrt [g(x) + 1]


h(x) = f(g(x)) = sqrt (x^2+
1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...