Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What does the creature do with the portrait he takes from William? Does he break it or frame Justine with it, im not entirely sure.Its in chapters...

The answer that you are looking for can be found near to the end
of Chapter 16.  After the creature takes the locket with the picture in it from William, he uses
it to frame Justine -- to make it look as if she was the one who murdered
William.


The creature looks at Justine as she sleeps and sees how
lovely she is.  He thinks about how no one like her can ever have affection for someone as
grotesque as he is.  This makes him very angry and he resolves to punish her for the fact that
people recoil from him.


Because of this, he puts the locket in her
dress, thus making it look as if she killed William.  Here is a quote showing
this:



not I, but she, shall suffer; the murder I
have committed because I am forever
robbed of all that she could give me, she shall
atone. The crime had
its source in her; be hers the punishment! ... I bent over her and
placed the portrait securely in one of
the folds of her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...