Thursday, June 19, 2014

Where might I get a self written poem for school about oneself and written by some poet?

I have been having a problem this morning editing your
question - the system keeps kicking me off. As you originally wrote the question, it was
not clear what you needed because you made a typo. In any case, we need more information
to help you. What is your assignment? Do you have to write your own poem using a poem
written by a poet as a model, which is my guess? I will answer this question and if this
is not what you need, please post your question again.


You
should choose a poem that you like, or that you can relate to, and then re-do it from
your own point of view. For example, let's say you like the poem "The Raven" by Edgar
Allen Poe. As you may know, this poem is written by a somewhat unbalanced person who is
haunted by a creepy raven that suddenly appears in his study. You could re-write this
poem from your own point of view. What if you were in your room working, and all of a
sudden a huge raven flew in through the window? Your poem could be something
like:



Once
upon a midnight, dreary


As I pondered, weak and
weary


Trying to come up with a subject for a
poem


Suddenly there came a
tapping


Is that you, Mom? I'm not
napping!


Yes I'm working on my homework, up here all
alone


Quickly I signed off of
Facebook


Started writing, as my hand
shook


From the caffeine in my diet
coke



From there, you would
tell how the raven came in, scared you, or yelled at you to "GET BUSY DOING YOUR
ASSIGNMENT" - in the voice of your teacher - and then at the end, you can wake up and
find it is all a dream and you did not complete the assignment after
all.


If you don't like that idea, perhaps choose a poem by
Emily Dickinson - they are mostly short ones and might be easier to inspire
you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...