Thursday, February 20, 2014

Can man ever stop fighting?

I guess that the answer is no, at least not according to
this poem.  In the poem, there is nothing that gives us any indication that people are
going to stop killing each other (and actually getting better and better at it) any time
soon.


As far as out here in the real world (as opposed to
in the poem), I think there is some hope that we will no longer have huge wars.  We
haven't had one since 1945, after all -- not one that really involved lots and lots of
people getting killed.  But there seems no doubt that we are going to keep killing each
other on at least a small scale for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...