Monday, March 24, 2014

What is the concentration of a 450 mL solution that contains 200 grams of iron (II) chloride?

Moles = mass of solute/ gram molecular mass.
Solute is the 'stuff being disolved.
Solution is a homogeneous mixture of a solute in a
solvent


. moles of
solute


Molarity
is defined as: ____________________


. liters of
solution


In this problem (assuming the
values given are both to 3 significant figures)


. 200g
/
127 g / mol 1.57
mol


Molarity =
___________________ = ________ = 3.50 M
FeCl2


. 450mL
* 1 L/1000ml 0.450 L


I
ALWAYS recommended to my students that they attach the chemical
formula (eg: FeCl2) as a subscript behind the unit of meaure symbol
(eg: M).

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...