Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Can you please give me some good level two and level three questions for "The Chaser" by John Collier?

When you ask for level two and three, I think you are asking for
questions that are beyond recall or simple comprehension.


Here are
some questions I would ask:


  • How does the reader know that
    Alan is afraid of the Old Man?

  • If Alan could be stereotyped as a
    teenager, what type of guy might he be?

  • What seems to be Alan's
    struggle with Diana before the story?

  • What is this story saying
    about love?

  • If Alan goes back to the Old Man, what do you think
    Alan would do with the spot-remover?

  • What does this story suggest
    about our society in terms of money or instant gratification?

  • If
    Alan went there for the love potion, why does the Old Man spend so much time explaining the
    spot-remover?

These questions all require inference
and/or judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...