Sunday, June 1, 2014

What are "greasers" and "socs" in the book "The Outsiders"?Hey. So I have to read the book for school. Everyone does. But I have to answer a...

Socs is short for Socials.  They are the preppy rich kids.  They
are clean cut and appear wholesome.  They come from rich, influential families.  From the outside
they appear to be the “nice kids”.  While on the other hand, the Greasers, are hoods, trouble
makers it seems.  From poor and often broken homes, they have created a family for themselves;
their gang is their family and they would die for one another.  They are called Greasers because
they have greased back hair.  They wear leather jackets and carry knives.  They have the
reputation of being no good and causing fights or rumbles.  From the outside they seem to be the
“bad kids”, however, the novel shows that appearances can be deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...