Tuesday, November 19, 2013

How is the theme of duality represented in Frankenstein and one other novel you have studied (Dracula)? Could anyone help me with this please......

When you are completing a comparison and contrast essay, you
should begin brainstorming. I would first start with a Venn Diagram. If you are not familiar with
a Venn Diagram, it is two circles that overlap in the middle. This creates a section for
similarities and differences.


There are many avenues you could take
in reference to these two novels. I would suggest using the Venn Diagram to reveal the theme of
duality in terms of characters. Choose two characters from each book. Create the Venn Diagram for
each set of characters (one for Frankenstein and one for
Dracula). As you complete the Venn Diagrams, the similarities and
differences between the characters should emerge as well as the similarities and differences of
characters between the two novels.


Once you complete this
brainstorming, you should be able to begin to formulate a working thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...