Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How would I cite "Sweat" in my essay? I know how to do the reference page but when I am writing in text I'm not sure the proper format.

As I understand your question, you know how to do the
reference page entry for Zora Neale Hurston's short story "Sweat" but you're not sure
how to do the in-text citations.


I recommend the source
below (the two links to OWL at Purdue) for examples of what are called "in-text
citations." The correct citation format, of course, will depend entirely on which
citation style you are using. I would generally expect you to be using MLA format, but
your term "reference page" (rather than "works cited") makes me suspect that you might
be working in APA format.


In any case, be sure that you use
the correct style (e.g. MLA or APA), as dictated by the
assignment.


If this answer doesn't help, please post again
and give a sample paragraph from your essay, one that uses a quotation from the story.
Someone here will surely be able to tell you if the format for the in-text citation is
correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...