Monday, February 22, 2016

What famous site does Daisy Miller wish to see in the moonlight in "Daisy Miller" by Henry James?

The answer to this question can be found towards the beginning
of the book as Winterbourne first gets to know the intriguing character of Daisy Miller. From
where they are, they can clearly see the "far-gleaming walls of the Chateau of Chillon," which
were made famous by the poet Lord Byron, and Daisy Miller expresses her desire to see it to
Winterbourne:



"I want
to go there dreadfully. Of course I mean to go there. I wouldn't go away from here without having
seen that old castle."



As Daisy
explains, they had planned to go the previous week, but her mother's illness prevented them. This
of course gives Winterbourne the precise opportunity he has been looking for to get to know Daisy
Miller better by offering to take her himself and give her a special guided
tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...