Friday, August 23, 2013

At the end of chapter 6 in Animal Farm, which character do you admire the most?

I admire Boxer the
most.


According to Chapter 6 of Animal Farm, during the
construction of the windmill, he worked extra hard to built the windmill from scratch,
carrying the boulder to the top of the quarry and throwing them down, which was very
taxing to most of the animals involved in the construction. This exemplifies the
determination and steadfastness of spirit shown by Boxer in getting things done, no
matter how difficult and tiring it is, and this garner much respect amongst the animals.
This amazes me, his extraordinary work rate no ordinary humans can match up
to.


But, I do not admire him in respect to his gullibility.
He is not that smart and is too naive to believe Napoleon's lies. He is not intelligent
enough to realize that his basic maxim- "Napoleon is always right" is in fact untrue and
wrong to start with, thus culminating to his death later in the
story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...