Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What are some reasons that John Proctor is to blame for the crisis in Salem in The Crucible?I have 2 reasons so far but I need one...

I think you have the two best reasons already listed, but
another one could include that John Proctor is guilty of the sin of Pride.  He has alientated
himself from the church, and made enemies of some townspeople such that he has both ruined his
credibility and made himself and his wife an easy target.  He doesn't like the Minister and says
so openly, was in border disputes with Mr. Putnam, and through his own personality and actions
made it so he was less likely to be believed when he did come forward.  While this may not have
been intentional, as he could not have known the crisis that was coming, when added to the
adulterous situation with Abigail, it made it very difficult if not impossible for him to stop
the Court from condemning the accused, his wife, and in the end, himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...