Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What is the general atmosphere or mood in Animal Farm?

I think you could claim several moods, but I would use
disenchanting as one descriptor. This is supposed to be
told in a fable or fairy tale. Thus, there should be something happy, we expect that,
but all we experience time and again is
dissappointment in what Napoleon
further does to the animals with each new chapter. We are also
disgusted to watch the society of
animals just continue to take the propaganda without revolting or rebelling.
Particularly Americans want to see the animals claim the rights that they know they
deserve after animals take control, so once again, we arrive at
disenchanted. This is good though because when we read
dystopian literature we begin to look at our own societies and see where we have had
leaders have too much sway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...