Tuesday, March 4, 2014

If my age was thrice my sister’s 3 years ago and will be twice her age next year. What is my age?

My present age of my sister= x
assumed.


3 years before her age =
x-3.


My  age 3 ters ago =  3tines my sister's age=
3(x-3).


Next year my sister'age =
x+1.


My age next year = 3(x-3) + 4 this twice sister's age
next year = 2(x+1).


So the required equation
is:


3(x-3)+4 = 2(x+1). We solve
this.


3x-9 +4= 2x+2


3x-2x =
2+9-4


x = 7.


So my sister' age
= 7.


My age = my age next year -1 = 3(x-3)+4 -1 = 3x-9+3 =
3x-6 = 7*3-6 = 15


My age = 15 and my sister's age =
7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...