Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christians who focus on emotional spiritual experiences such as speaking in tongues are called _____________ .

I think that there are two possible answers for this.  You
can call Christians who engage in speaking in tongues and other such activities
"Pentacostal" or, more broadly, you can call them
"Charismatic."


Charismatic Christians believe in a very
emotional religion with a strong personal connection to God.  They believe that God
still acts directly in the world.  By this, I mean that they believe that God still
performs miracles by involving himself in the physical world that we all live
in.


One manifestation of this sort of miracle is the gift
of speaking in tongues.  Charismatics believe that God bestows this gift upon people who
have true faith in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...