Monday, November 24, 2014

What is the setting of "The Found Boat?"

The setting in this story is in and around a small town
where the edge of town has flooded. The flooded area is an attraction for the area
youth. Uncertain of the age of the protagonists, I assume they are around 13, just
bocoming aware and curios of their differences. The boat found and reconstructed I think
represents thier excape vessel from childhood in an effort to enter
adulthood. 

I really did not get much out of this peice. Although well
written, and very descriptive, I found the plot to be monotonous. I would have enjoyed a
little mystery, as I could forsee the ending with in the first
page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...