Monday, May 28, 2012

In fahrenheit 451, on page 90, Faber says :" I'm the queen bee, safe in my hive. You will be the drone, the travelling ear."What type of litterary...

This is a metaphor, as Professor Faber suggests that he is
a Queen Bee and that Montag will be safe as a member of his hive.  He uses this as well
because he has found a way to listen in to the events surrounding Montag by using the
earpiece and the receiver he has in his home.  And he can send Montag out on the various
missions but Faber will do the thinking and the planning, Montag can simply go out and
do the things he asks him to do without worrying about the details or the consequences
or what will come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...