Saturday, May 5, 2012

What will you do as a teacher to improve students' behavior issues in the example below?You are a 5th grade teacher. Half of your class has...

To me, the way to start with this is to acknowledge that
you will need to ask more questions about the scenario.  You will need to gather more
information about your students before you are able to figure out what strategies to use
to improve their behavior.  Of the students who are misbehaving, different ones likely
have different reasons for acting out.  You will need to first figure out what the
problem is for as many of them as possible.


I would look
first at their academic levels as compared to the way I was teaching.  I believe that
many behavioral issues are caused by students who are either too far behind what the
teacher is trying to teach or too far ahead.  After that, I would try to determine if
the students were simply put off by my teaching style -- I would need to find if I had
to vary my instructional techniques in order to engage more
students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...