Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Does anyone know what Ellen G. White says ought to be one's primary reason for health reform?this is one of the pointers for a final exam that...

In my opinion, the answer to this is going to be that your
body is the temple of God and that you must therefore keep it as healthy as possible.  I
say this because that is what was emphasized to us when I was in SDA school as a
kid.


The idea that we were told is that we do not own our
bodies -- God is the one who ultimately owns them.  Therefore, we have a sacred duty to
take care of our bodies and keep them up the way God wants us
to.


We were told that by staying healthy we give honor and
glory to God.  So I guess I would say that we are supposed to reform our health not so
that we can live longer or look better, but because our bodies belong to God and must be
kept up as God wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...