Saturday, March 28, 2015

In a dark sky without a compass, how can I find the North direction?

The North Star can help in finding the Northern direction
at night without a compass.


If you’re having trouble
finding the North Star as it is not one that is very distinct, you have to first locate
the Big Dipper or Ursa Major constellation.


A line drawn
through two stars of the Ursa Major point to the North Star which is located at the tip
of the Ursa Minor’s handle. The North Star is located in the same direction as that of
the polar axis and so it does not vary. For a very long time the North Start was how
sailors at sea determined the direction they were headed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...